Carlos Torres has been pitching well the last two weeks for the New York Mets. We have been in communication with Los and as he says “He’s just doing his job” Keep it up Carlos, we’re rooting for you.
We’re both excited and proud to announce the 1st Annual 18U Vinci summer kick off wood bat tourney. Hosted by the Westchester Academy Baseball. Who will be crowned champion of the tournament?
Check out the times and dates below:
June 28th through
1st ANNUAL 18U Vinci
SUMMER KICK OFF
WOOD BAT TOURNEY
@ Disbrow Park (Rye, NY)
Registered Teams (8 Team Limit)
TEAMS IN BOLD ARE PAID IN FULL
1. WESTCHESTER ACADEMY 18U Elite
2. WESTCHESTER ACADEMY 18U Grey
3. Croton Bombers
4. Connecticut BLUE JAYS
5. Seminoles Baseball
6. Legit Baseball
7. Williamsburg Bombers
8. Fairfield Cardinals
Tournament will consist of FOUR guaranteed games.
First THREE games will be in POOL PLAY, FOURTH game will begin the PLAYOFFS
Friday – Games will be played at Disbrow Park (141 Oakland Beach Ave, Rye, NY 10580), Rec Park in Port Chester (593 Locust Ave, Port Chester, NY 10573) and Harrison HS Lower Field (255 Union Ave, Harrison, NY 10528)
Saturday & Sunday – Games will be played at Disbrow Park in Rye, NY. The address for the complex is 141 Oakland Beach Avenue, Rye, NY 10580.
Good luck and HAVE FUN!!
The staff at Vinci
Introducing Optimus First Base Mitt and Catchers Mitt
The Vinci Research and Development department has been working for the past two years to bring you the newest Vinci Pro glove series, the Optimus series. The Optimus series already made its way into the Major Leagues as gloves in this series were tested throughout the 2012 season at the Major League level.
Every glove in this series features a top of the line leather. This leather has proven to be very durable and provides a unique feel that we think Vinci Pro fans will appreciate. Gloves in the Optimus series are also made with rolled welting which makes for a better looking glove. By far, this is the best Vinci Pro Baseball glove series to date, which is why it was named “Optimus,” which is the Latin word meaning “BEST.”
Introducing Optimus First Base Mitt and Catchers Mitt
We at Vinci are excited to say that our good friend Carlos Torres is now a New York Met as a relief pitcher and wearing #52. Carlos will be in uniform today at City Field in New York City. The Mets will be hosting the Chicago Cubs. The Cubs also happen to be the team Carlos earned his first major league victory against.
Read more about his call up in the New York Daily News
Congratulations Carlos Torres! We’ll be watching!
We recently had a special guest visit us at Vinci headquarters. While visiting our friend Carlos Teller made a short video showing how to throw a curve ball the way a professional baseball player does. Carlos pitches in the San Francisco Giants organization.
Find out more about Carlos Teller here
Keep an eye out for future videos containing Carlos Teller offering other helpful tips about the game.
Follow us on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/Vincibaseball
Girls Fast Pitch Gloves
Looking for a premium girls fast pitch softball glove? After years of research Vinci has come up with designs on catchers mitts, first base mitts, as well as for pitchers and fielding positions. Our limited series gloves are built to the identical standards of those wearing in Major League Baseball. These gloves are built tough and made to last. If you’re looking for a glove to help elevate your game to the next level, you’ve found it.
Designed specifically for girl’s, these gloves will help you catch a fast pitch softball due to the depth of our pocket. At the same time, the finger stalls will snugly and comfortably fit your fingers. If you prefer a lighter weight glove, with a quicker break in time, check out our -22 series girls fastpitch softball gloves.
All Vinci girls fast pitch gloves come with an adjustable Velcro back. All gloves in the fast pitch series can be customized by choosing (limited series) leather color, lace color, style web, mesh back option,even embroider your own name/and or number. -22 series only leather color option is black.
To see our entire stock of Girls Fast Pitch gloves, visit our Website to choose your model today! Thinking about specific color combinations? We can do that too! Visit our Custom Glove page to design your very own Vinci Girls Fast Pitch glove.
All baseball gloves and softball gloves need to be “broken in” before use in order to provide a proper fit and to play a better game. Many companies use industrial machines to simulate the natural breaking in process. At Vinci, we find that this method often results in “floppy”, ill-fitting gloves with significantly shorter product lives. The individual nature of a player’s hand size and shape, catching style and glove preference lends itself better to a more customized break in process. The steps below will provide you with some basic tips on how to quickly and effectively incorporate your new Vinci glove into your game.
The two basic goals of breaking in a glove are softening the leather and forming the pocket.
Baseball Glove Break In Kit
1) To properly soften the leather, use exclusive Vinci Glove Conditioner with every new glove.** Using latex gloves, apply conditioner to all leather areas of glove including the pocket, laces, and rear. Too much conditioner can actually shorten the life of your glove by speeding up deterioration, so a good rule of thumb is to never apply more than a pea sized amount at a time. Usually 3 – 5 pea sized applications will
sufficiently treat each side of a new glove.
2) Let your glove sit for 24 hours allowing conditioner to fully absorb into leather. Wipe off any excess using a clean, dry cloth. Do not apply more conditioner for at least 2 weeks.
3) Move the heel of the glove firmly back and forth in a “shoe shining” motion. Do the same with the fingers and where the bottom of the web meets the glove. This movement will help to loosen the fibers of the leather and interior linings.
Besides playing catch there are many ways to form a pocket into your baseball glove.
4) Get a baseball or softball depending on your needs for the glove (some players prefer using a hollow plastic ball like the one pictured in the Vinci Break In Kit). Place the ball firmly into the pocket area of the glove.
5) Using 2 Vinci Glove Bands (string, elastic bands, belts, or bungees will work as well), wrap the outside of the glove in an “X” pattern, closing the ball firmly into the pocket. Allow the glove to sit overnight.
6) Remove the bands and toss a ball firmly into the pocket area 50 – 100 times.* Taking time to press and twist the ball into the leather.
7) Repeat steps 3 through 6 until your glove is sufficiently broken in.
You may also use a glove mallet like the one included in the Vinci Glove Break In Kit to hammer into the pocket. The tapered handle of the mallet can be used to size the finger holes of the glove if they feel too tight on your hands. Place the tapered end of the mallet into the fingers of glove and rotate slowly to expand the size of the openings.